Blackheads are black or yellow tiny bumps appearing as a result of oxidization, when the opening pores is clogged due to a combination of excess face oil, dirt and the dead skin cells. Although blackheads are only a mild kind of acne, but because they often appear in bulk on or around the nose, which is the center part on the face, therefore, they are easy to notice and very annoying. Also, they can appear on body skin like chest, back, arms, neck and shoulders
Various factors can lead to blackheads such as hormonal changes in the body, unbalanced diet including too much alcohol and sweet or spicy foods, excessive use of cosmetic products or lack of proper skin care, and stress. Men and women of any age all have to face the risk of developing blackheads on their skin, but they are more common to teens and pre-menstrual women.
If aren’t treated properly, blackheads can turn to acne. There are millions of cosmetic products and expensive medication for the treatment of blackheads available on the market, however, we can simply use natural ingredients in our kitchen to effectively remove those ugly blackheads within a few days.
1. Baking soda
Always on the list of home remedies for skin problems, and blackheads are no exception for baking soda. Baking soda works as an exfoliant to help eliminate the dead skin cells, leaving the skin to smooth and clear, it helps to balance the skin’s pH, reducing the amount of sebum on skin face.
– First, mix about two teaspoons of baking soda with water to make a good paste.
– Then, use the mixture to rub on blackheads, massage gently and leave it on in 10 minutes.
– Finally, rinse with water and apply moisturizer.
– Repeat this method three times a week.
2. Cinnamon powder
Like baking soda, cinnamon is used as a face mask or body scrub to effectively eliminate dead skin cells and acne for a clear skin. Moreover, cinnamon helps improve circulation, which will increase the blood flow and give your skin a smooth, healthy, glow appearance.
– First, mix cinnamon powder carefully with water to form a spreadable paste.
– Next, applying the paste on the face areas where blackheads appear. Let it stay for 15-20 minutes.
– Then, gently rinse your skin with lukewarm water and apply moisturizer as an usual.
– Follow this remedies twice a week.
Honey is a wonderful ingredient to help you get rid of blackheads, especially when combined with cinnamon or lemon juice. Honey has antibacterial, healing and soothing properties, therefore, it can help fight bacteria causing acne as well as hydrate your skin.
a. With cinnamon:
– First, mix the raw honey and the cinnamon with equal amount together until you have the good paste.
– Next, rub a thin layer to cover the blackheads areas and then press a strip over it.
– Let it stay in 10 minutes before removing and cleansing your face.
– Finally, apply your favorite moisturizer as usual.
b. With lemon juice:
– First, put a few drops of lemon juice into raw honey
– Then, apply the mixture to the blackheads for 10-15 minutes.
– Finally, rinse your face with cool water and apply moisturizer.
4. Egg whites
Egg white can form a natural mask that can tighten and minimize the pores of your face temporarily, which will not only remove your current blackheads, but also reduce the chances of developing future blackheads while using frequently. Also, due to its rich necessary nutrition like protein and albumin, egg whites can help nourish and tone your skin.
– First, get an egg and separate the yolk from the white.
– After cleanse your face and pat dry, apply a thin layer of egg white all over your face and then place a strip of tissue over it and press gently. Let it dry in 5 minutes.
– Next, apply the second layer of egg white over the tissue and allow that layer to dry as well.
– When the mask dry out, peel out the tissue before rinsing off with water to get rid of any residue.
– Finally, follow up with your moisturizer.
5. Green tea
Not only benefits your health by drinking, green tea can also work very well as a home remedy for blackheads. Rich in vitamin and antioxidant properties, green tea will help break excess oil, cleanse skin and open pores for removing blackheads quickly.
– You can either use green tea bag or the powder of green tear for this treatment.
– First, boil one cup of water as well as dim a green tea bag or one tablespoon of the powder of green tea into hot water.
– Next, dab the resulting liquid over your blackheads and leave it on for 10 minutes.
– Finally, rinse your face with water then pat dry and moisturize with cream.
Infographic Source: https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-blackheads/
Author’s bio: This article is written by Arial Grande – Senior Editor of Authority Remedies. She is a certified pharmacist after finishing her bachelor degree of Healthcare Management at University of Findlay. She has worked and trained in the field of Nutrition and Health for over 2 years, consistently providing people with useful information about nutrition as well as helping them with their common health problems.