A toothache is one of the most dreaded things to endure. It is a throbbing and incessant agony that makes you want to crawl or almost rip off your face. The first answer to any kind of dental pain has to be the dentist. But there are times when you do not get to visit the dentist then and there for one or the other reason. Prior to knowing how to handle the things under such circumstances let’s first understand what and how tooth pain is caused.
So Why Do Tooth Aches Occur!
When the pulp or the central portion of the teeth get inflamed, tooth ache occurs. Trauma, cavities and infection can cause inflammation of the gums. The pulp contains nerve endings that become highly sensitive to pain.
It is vital that you see the best dentist in Forest Ave Queens as soon as possible if your tooth aches. There is a high chance that it is infected and if left untreated, it can lead to bigger health problems.
One thing about tooth pain is that it always hits you at the worst possible times. Imagine a situation where your dentist is out of town and you have tremendous pain then here are some of the things that you should try to get rid of for your tremendous tooth pain.
Causes of Tooth Pain
There are living tissues inside each of tooth along with vein, artery and nerve. These parts of the tooth can give sensation of pressure, cold and hot temperatures and can also get infected.
Certain bacteria in the mouth secrete acids and bore their way through the enamel which is the hard-white outer covering. Thus, they get access to the inside structure of the tooth enamel that looks like a sponge with tubules. The inside of the tooth responds to this invasion with inflammation.
When you hurt or cut your leg or arm, it swells. But the hard enamel of the tooth swelling is unable to expand and that is the reason why tooth pain is so excruciating.
Tooth pain can trigger for a number of reasons like from a sinus infection that can be felt as pain in the teeth, food getting stuck in between the teeth or trauma that can happen because of tooth grinding or injury.
So here are some ways that will help you to deal with toothache in an effective way.
- Cloves – Eugenol happens to be the active ingredient in clove. This has a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial power that can alleviate toothache and pain. All you have to do is place a whole clove near the tooth in the mouth that hurts and bites down the grinds to release the oil. This produces a bitter taste and you may have the urge to spit it out. But you should wait for at least four minutes and then rinse. You can also use clove oil and after soaking a few drops on cotton ball you can go directly where the tooth hurts.
- Rinse with Salt – You can go for super-saturated salt rinse. Here is how to make it. You should pour a glass of hot water that may or may not be of boiling temperature and slowly stir either dead or Himalayan sea salt until you see the salt crystals at the bottom that are not dissolving any more. For contracting the tissues and healing the inflammation you should rinse with this solution 4-5 times a day. This rinse is effective especially in case of foreign body responses like poppy seed stuck in between the teeth and in the case of pain in the gums.
- Guava Leaves – Guava leaves have turned out to be quite beneficial for your health. It has been suggested that the specific bacteria like Staphylococcus aureus and they have in general anti-microbial properties. It is used traditionally both for gingivitis and tooth decay as it can ease the toothache and heal the mouth ulcers. You can boil them and leave them in water or can chew the leaves until you feel the juice.
- Ice It -You can place ice cubes in a plastic bag and keep them wrapped in a cloth and apply it on aching tooth for about 15 minutes for numbing the nerves. You can keep the ice pack pressed over your cheeks for a long time. Also, if you massage your hand with ice it can also relieve you from the tooth pain according to folklore. This is because when the brain receives cold signals they may override the pain signals sent by the tooth. All you have to do is get the ice cubes wrapped up in a thin cloth and massage the thin portion between the forefinger and the thumb with it.
- Painkillers – According to many people, crushing the pain killer and placing it on the site of pain is the sure shot way of pain relief. But this only occurs if you manage to get the right pain killer. As the pain is mostly caused by the swelling, the anti-inflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen are very effective for tooth aches. But if you cannot take them for some reason like if you are allergic to them, then the second-best option is to go for the paracetamols. But is advisable that you should not go for the aspirin tablet on the sore tooth. This is primarily because aspirin happens to be an acid that can n the gum.
The above are some of the ways that can help you to control the tooth ache from escalating for some time until you can visit the office of the top dentist in Forest Ave Queens who can detect the actual reason and treat it so that you can get relief from this troublesome condition without any delay and get back to your normal life as soon as possible.
Nitesh Ranjan is an experienced digital marketing expert and a prolific blogger who has been working closely with the most renowned and top dentist in Forest Ave Queens and other areas since many years now. His years of association with clients and enormous research have conferred on him immense practical knowledge about this field that he seeks to spread this to the world through his blogs so that the readers can benefit from them.