One of the most crucial instruments of any healthcare professional happens to be the stethoscope. This device helps to understand the health condition of the patient by listening to the sound made within their body. For the right detection you have to purchase a high-quality instrument like the Littmann stethoscope that will help you to detect even the minutest sound as a result of which you can get some idea about the condition that the patient is undergoing.
So are you thinking of purchasing a new stethoscope? Then you must know the various attributes that contribute to making a great stethoscope. So here an attempt is made to bring to you some of the features that must be present in quality stethoscopes.
- The Diaphragm Should be Made of Top-notch Material – The diaphragm is said to be the work horse of any stethoscope. This is actually the part of the device that does the most vital work of detecting the sound of the body. This is the part that the doctor places on the body of the patient to listen to the sounds. That is why it is subjected to the maximum wear and tear. So if chose a stethoscope that has a diaphragm which is made of low-quality and non-flexible material then it can be destroyed within a very short period of time. So ensure that you purchase a device where the diaphragm high-quality and durable.
- Stainless Steel Should be Used for the Tubes – This one is another of the most important features of a stethoscope. Keep it in mind that as a medical professional, you are going to use the stethoscope on a daily basis and it is going to face the regular wear and tear. A stainless steel tube means it is built to last. In case, you get a stethoscope that is made with aluminium then there is a high chance that it will break down after a few months of usage. That is why it is always advisable to go for stainless steel stethoscopes.
- Tube Length Should be Ample- You should go for a device whose tube length is that of the size of your arm. In fact, the good quality stethoscopes are available in various lengths for accommodating the customer’s requirements.
- Chest Pieces Should be Tuneable – The body sounds that are required to be heard by the physician are available at a range of frequencies. The chest piece that is ideal should be tuned for a particular body sound that you are searching for. That is why you should always go for a stethoscope that can be easily tuned so that you can get to hear the right sound that you are looking for.
- Earpieces Should Comfortably Fit – This is the part that you actually put into the ears for hearing the bodily sounds. That is why you should choose an instrument whose earpieces fit snugly into your ears so that you get maximum clarity while listening to the sounds. You should avoid those earpieces that hurt your ears. This way you will have a hard time working with the stethoscope.
The above are some of the major attributes of a great stethoscope. Apart from checking these you should also ensure that you buy the instrument from a reliable online medical store in India where you will get authentic products at affordable price.
Akshay Sharma is a digital marketing enthusiast and has written many topics in the related field.